Tuesday, January 4, 2011

House Rules

I received a beautiful wall hanging as a gift recently with some "House Rules" on it. I thought the Bible verses were wonderful reminders, so I thought I would share them here:

Love God and each other.
1 John 4:7 - Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.

Be generous with hugs and warm words.
Psalm 133:1-2 - Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity!

Be patient and respect each other.
James 1:19-20 - Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

Practice forgiveness.
Matthew 18:21 - Then Peter came up and said to him, "Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?"

Be kind and tenderhearted.
Ephesians 4:32 - Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Pray often.
1 Thessalonians 5:17 - Pray without ceasing

Live with a thankful heart.
Psalm 111:1-2 - Praise the LORD! I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart, in the company of the upright, in the congregation. Great are the works of the LORD, studied by all who delight in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...