Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wednesdays with the Word: Rest

Psalm 55:6 - So I said, "Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest."

Can you tell that I have had a tough couple of weeks? This is all that I can think about right now... REST! I may not find much rest here on this earth, but if I serve the Lord faithfully, He has promised it to me! The very thought keeps me going when I most need it.

Matthew 11:28-29 - Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

And this is one of my very favorites. Not to sound morbid, but I truly find it encouraging when I am the most weary:

Revelation 14:13 - Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, "Write: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Yes," says the Spirit, "that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them."

These thoughts bring peace to my soul.

Psalm 23:1-3 - The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...