- a can of cheap shaving cream
- a plastic comb
- plastic cards (credit card sized) - great for scraping
- a wet washcloth
- a towel
- it helps to do this project near a sink for easier clean up
Some ground rules:
- The shaving cream has to stay on your hands.
- You may not put shaving cream in your hair or on your clothes, nor on your brother's hair or clothes.
- You may not put it on your face. Be careful not to touch your face while you are playing with your shaving cream. (It really burns if it gets in the eyes.)
It was a successful experience!
If you want to expand upon it, you can have your kids draw shapes or letters. I just let them explore this time. I tried not to talk to them too much. Sometimes mama's talking is just distracting them from the learning they are trying to do. :)
I got the idea for the activity from this book: