Saturday, March 26, 2011

Desperation Dessert

Potluck Saturday

Photobucket

I keep my eyes open for sales on these three canned items:
  • mandarin oranges
  • pineapple chunks
  • mixed tropical fruit (don't buy the kind with bananas - canned bananas are nasty!)

    Photobucket

Put it all together, and you've got a very tasty fruit salad that you can have ready to go in about 3 minutes! I reach for my pantry fruit salad when we have unexpected company or when I didn't manage to get my dessert together for a planned potluck as happened one afternoon.

Photobucket

My additional tip is to save the juice. You can use it to replace the liquid in muffins, you can just drink it (this is a real treat to the Littles who never get juice, mean mama that I am), or you can use it to sweeten your iced tea.

I love to make special desserts, but sometimes time and circumstances make something simple the best option.

Have a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I like to make fruit salad too, but I make one addition to what you mentioned: I add 1 pkg of vanilla pudding mix, this takes it from a regular fruit salad to something to seems like you spent a lot of time making. Try it, it's really good and easy too keep in the pantry.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...