Sunday, August 7, 2011

We'll Work Till Jesus Comes


Sunday Hymn Post

This is one of my very favorite hymns. I often singing it when I'm putting the Littles to sleep after a long, hard day. It encourages me to find the strength to keep going. I hope your Lord's Day is a blessed one!


O land of rest, for thee I sigh!
When will the moment come
When I shall lay my armor by
And dwell in peace at home?

To Jesus Christ I fled for rest;
He bade me cease to roam,
And lean for comfort on His breast
Till He conduct me home.

I sought at once my Savior’s side;
No more my steps shall roam.
With Him I’ll brave death’s chilling tide
And reach my heav’nly home.

Refrain:

We’ll work till Jesus comes,
We’ll work till Jesus comes,
We’ll work till Jesus comes,
And we’ll be gathered home.

By Elizabeth Mills (1805-1829)

1 comment:

  1. Great up-lifting hymn. I am 80; I've heard it since I was two. I have hear it on banjos, guitars, harmonicas,
    fiddles, pianos, and the Great Pipe Organs; everything but bagpipes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...