Friday, January 21, 2011

Large Family Logistics




Motherhood is a life of sacrifice; it is a life poured out for our children. So what are we to do to get some space from it all? When we are honest with ourselves, we know that it is not “Me Time” we need or a “Girls’ Night Out”. Children are not a burden to escape or endure; they are a blessing that drives us to Christ because we are incapable of parenting well without Him. God is who we need. While there are helpful strategies we can employ in order to have a more peaceful day with our children, the number one thing we must do is to deny Self and cling to the cross.

~Kim Brenneman, Large Family Logistics

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!!

Mrs. Brenneman, mother of nine, is one wise lady. She put into words what I have struggled to come to terms with in my own life and have been unable to express myself. I have not yet read this book, but I sure want to! I've had it on my Paperback Swap wish list for a while now. I'm number 4, but the book is so new, it might still take a while for my turn, so that is why I'm blogging about this book... I can get three entries in the giveaway Raising Olives is offering here! :)

I wouldn't consider us a large family yet, but with God's blessings, I hope one day we will be. Even still, we can all learn a lot from a large family about frugality, efficiency, and how to draw closer to one another while we draw closer to Christ.

You can find the book on Amazon here. If you enter and win, or decide to buy it, let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. You have a copy coming your way! Let me know how you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAAAAAAAAT?!?!? REALLY!?!?! You're the BEST Erin! :D

    You are way too sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...