This is a picture of my daily routine kept on the front of my Home Management Notebook. You may not be able to read it, but I recently added a daily reminder for myself:
"Do my boys feel cherished today?"
(Preacher Man included!)
1. to hold or treat as dear2. to care for tenderly; nurture
If I get too focused on what I need to accomplish in the day, I am prone to running roughshod over the feelings and needs of everyone else in my family, which really gets in the way of what I am trying to achieve overall - a peaceful and harmonious home environment.
This daily reminder helps me remember to stop what I am working on throughout the day to:
- kiss my husband
- sing and rock in the rocking chair with the Littles
- read extra books with them
- give extra hugs
- invite a child to help me prepare a meal or wash dishes (they LOVE this!)
- REALLY listen to what Big Littles is saying (the kid talks incessantly!)
- sit down and color with them
- laugh with them
- look into their eyes and smile
- say the words, "I love you"
It doesn't matter that I love them with all of my being if they never feel it.
Do you have any special ways that you show your loved ones that they are cherished?
1 Thessalonians 2:7 - But we were gentle among you, just as a nursing mother cherishes her own children.