Pork Chops and Apples
- 3 lbs. apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 2 tbs. butter
- 6-8 pork chops
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 c. white cooking wine, sherry, or chicken broth*
Brown the pork chops in a little bit of oil in a skillet.
In the meantime, grease a 9x13 pan. Arrange the apple slices in the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the brown sugar and a generous amount of cinnamon on top. Dot with the butter.
Lay the pork chops over the apples. Sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste. Pour your liquid of choice on top and bake at 350* for one hour.
Cut your squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the insides.
Prick both sides gently all over with a fork. Fill the cavities of the squash with a Tbs. or so of butter, brown sugar to taste and some walnuts or pecans.
Put the halves into a small baking dish (8x8 works well) and add some water to the pan until it is about 1/2" deep. Bake with the pork chops for about an hour.
Fall Inspired Green Salad
- 1 head of romaine, washed and torn
- 2 small apples, cored and chopped
- 1 small red onion sliced as thinly as possible
- a handful of craisins
- a handful of pecans or walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- tastes delicious with raspberry pecan or poppy seed dressing