Saturday, November 20, 2010

Lucious Lemony Water

Photobucket

Water from the tap (and filtered if need be) is the most inexpensive and most healthful form of hydration available. Sadly, I am one of the many Americans that is not thrilled to drink glass after glass of water every day. The taste is not as thrilling as a bubbly soda, cafe mocha, or fruit juice. Water is just sooooo.... boring!

My solution: Lemons!

Lemon wedges give water a little extra spark! They look pretty through the glass, and give a nice bit of flavor without being overwhelming. The problem? Lemons are not very cheap, and they go bad quicker than I can use them.

My solution: Freeze the lemon wedges!

I buy lemons by the bag for about $3 for 6 lemons. I cut each lemon into 8 wedges by halving them down the middle, and then cutting each half into quarters. I pick out the large seeds if they are bothersome. I arrange the wedges rind side down on a plate and flash freeze them for a couple of hours. I transfer the frozen wedges to a quart size ziploc bag, and every day I pull out a nice little iced lemon wedge for my glass of water. I don't mind drinking glass after glass of this stuff, and it keeps me far from soda and other nasties I would like to avoid. For the purpose of full disclosure, I still drink a cup of coffee every morning, and enjoy a glass of iced tea with dinner if I've been a good girl. ;)

The cost of my daily lemon water: a little over $.06 per day

My bag of lemons lasts me 48 days, and I stay well-hydrated in the meantime!

2 comments:

  1. Love that idea!!! Never thought of freezing them. Genius ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! What a lovely site you have! Are you anywhere else, Like YouTube or Pinterest, etc.?
    Found you by looking for music for the song, “let the beauty of Jesus be seen in me“.
    The extra verses were new to me. Did you write them?

    Thanks again,
    Retired pastors wife, retired homeschooling mom, retired nurse, etc., LOL!
    Too tired in retirement (that isn’t ACTUALLY happening for me. But I never really expected it to. ( what exactly does that word mean for a wife, mother, and grandmother, anyway? 🤔

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...