Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bible Verses on Herbs

Genesis 1:29 - And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food."

Deuteronomy 2:1-3 - "Give ear, O heavens, and I will speak, and let the earth hear the words of my mouth. May my teaching drop as the rain, my speech distill as the dew, like gentle rain upon the tender grass, and like showers upon the herb. For I will proclaim the name of the LORD; ascribe greatness to our God!

Proverbs 15:17 - Better is a dinner of herbs where love is than a fattened ox and hatred with it.

Luke 11:42 - "But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and every herb, and neglect justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others."

(This one is wildly out of context, but I like it on its own nonetheless...)
Hebrews 6:7 - For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...