Friday, September 16, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Potluck Saturday

pumpkin chocolate chip

My favorite fall cookie. These are requested... no, demanded every year on our group camping trips! I'll admit, they are different than anything else I've ever had, so I wasn't taken with them on the first bite, but by cookie #2, I was ADDICTED!

1 Cup Butter
3 Cups Sugar
2 Cups Pumpkin (one can)
2 Eggs
5 Cups Flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
2 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Salt
2 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Allspice
2 Tsp Vanilla
2 Tsp Nutmeg
1 Pkg Chocolate Chips

Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl and the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Then combine and add in the chocolate chips. Mix all together and bake at 350 for 9-14 min. (depending on the size you make them) They are done when bottoms have browned and middle is no longer gooey. (It can be hard to tell...keep a watch after about 9 minutes!)

Makes 7 dozen

I have noticed that these don't expand very much, so I can fit 20 cookies (4 rows x 5) on my half-sheet cookie sheets. Thought I'd pass that on because it saves time with such a huge recipe!

Thank you to Jessica Barr for this recipe. It has become a favorite fall tradition in our family!

2 comments:

  1. It's a favorite here too. Now I want to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmmyyy! I am so glad you like them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...