Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thankful Thursdays

Today I'm thankful for magnets! Magnets are such useful things! I really love my magnetic pin cushion as it has saved many a lost pin that is later found by a foot. I love the magnets that hold up the artwork on the fridge. Today, I am especially thankful for the magnetic key holder we stuck underneath the car, the spare key kept there, and for my wonderful Father for insisting upon such a thing when I was young in the pre-cell phone days.

While loading my groceries at the store, in the parking lot in the below freezing WINDY weather with the littles, I put my purse inside the trunk with the groceries. I never do that. I don't know why I did it today. I just wasn't thinking. I also wasn't thinking when I slammed the trunk shut. Oh, but I very quickly started thinking when I realized what I had done! I still don't have a cell phone, and we are a one family car, so I was in a bit of a pickle. Poor Preacher Man would have had to ride his bike in the freezing weather to bail me out with a spare key were it not for my handy magnetized key stashed underneath the car. I admit, this is not the first time I have been seen crawling under my car in a skirt to find the spare key!

So today, I'm thankful for magnets. :) It's the little things, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...