Friday, May 13, 2011

No-Sew Hem Fixes

It's Sunday morning and you're getting dressed for church. Suddenly, you realize that half of your hem has fallen out on your skirt! What do you do?!?

Option A -
Scotch tape. Hey, it works! It takes about 30 seconds! It will get you through the day.

Photobucket

Option B -
If you have just a little more time, say 3-5 minutes depending on how much you have to dig in your sewing kit, you can use iron on hem tape. It's cheap, fast, and simple. I saw some negative reviews on Amazon, but I have not had any of those problems. When all else fails, read the directions, right? This is handy stuff to have around.

Photobucket

Option C -
The safety pin. Might show a bit through the fabric, but it works. I keep three safety pins of different sizes pinned to the fabric inside my purse/diaper bag. I don't even realize that they are there... until I need one! This is one of the smartest things I've ever done. It will save you from embarrassment if you should ever have a wardrobe malfunction away from home. It will also benefit your friends when they find themselves in a similar emergency and have not thought be prepared.

Go forth with a smile and no one will ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...