Monday, May 9, 2011

What is My Purpose?

I've been blogging here for a little over six months. I feel like I'm working out my purpose and what I want to "say". I really have a lot of fun doing it!

What is my subject matter? My life. My life as a christian, wife, mother, homemaker and preacher's wife and all of the things that I do. Within this realm, I pursue many interests, and it is my hope that some of these things will uplift and inspire you, and perhaps you will learn something useful from time to time.

Most of what I write is for myself... especially my posts of a spiritual nature. The rest are just things I happen to be having fun doing myself, so I share, hoping that someone will find what I'm doing interesting, inspiring, or useful.

Do I expect all of my readers to live the way I do and do what I do? Absolutely not!

I think many women suffer from twinges guilt at various times. You may see my "life" on my blog and feel like I am just sooooo put together. HA! I'm deeply flawed, and depend upon God for my daily sustenance as much as the next lady. Ditch the guilt. If you are living according to God's word, you are doing the most important things. Choose the good part. Fully embrace the life you have been given, and the people in it. People are more important than things.

This post was inspired by today's post on Passionate Homemaking - Why Mother's Need to Pick Their Priorities. Confession: I don't floss either. *Dodging the blows from my mother!* I also wanted to say this because tomorrow's post is all about converting to cloth and is one of the ways that I am a little (or a lot) more "out there". So filter, my readers. Glean and filter. And be confident in your choices.

May your day be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...