Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thankful for My Mother(s)

Photobucket

Today, I am thankful for my mothers. First, my own mother, who was the first person I learned to love. I have so many lovely memories of spending time with her, first as a child, learning how to bake, how to sew, and how to read. Best of all, she taught me to love God. As an adult, my favorite times with her have been just working together - canning 200 pounds of tomatoes, helping with their house construction, working in the garden, weaving baskets... She is such a strong, Godly woman, and I am so blessed to be her daughter.

Second, my mother-in-law, who is another strong, Godly woman. None of the mother-in-law stereotypes apply with her. She treats me wonderfully, and though she came into my life so much later, is someone I learned to love so easily. She's such a fun, witty lady, and is always kind to listen and advise. I am so grateful for the way she lovingly raised and taught Preacher Man, being the greatest influence on forming him into the amazing Godly man that he is.

I am blessed to have such wonderful grandmothers for our Littles, and so blessed to have two ladies I call "Mom" who are also such good friends!

Thank you both for the wonderful blessing that you are in my life!

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.
-- Washington Irving

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...