Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers of Faith

 
"Bless the hands that never tire in their loving care of me."





From  Prayer for a Child by Rachel Field

2 Timothy 1:5 -
"When I call to remembrance the genuine faith that is in you, which dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am persuaded is in you also."


One of the greatest ways my mother blessed me was by teaching me about God from infancy.  In her songs, in her stories, in her prayers, she opened my heart up to the Lord and I am forever grateful.  My mother-in-law did the same for her son, and he became a man after God's own heart.  What a blessing and a gift to have such a husband and spiritual leader for our family.  

And now my Littles are blessed by the faith of their grandmothers as well.  As I was taught by my mother, so I teach them, and this genuine faith is something they can see and hear from both of the precious women they call "Nanna".   What a heritage!  What a blessing!  Thank you, Lord, for mothers of faith.

"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.  They have clung to me all my life."  ~Abraham Lincoln

Linking up with the Modest Mom -

Photobucket
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. So sweet to hear posts that honor moms and moms-in-law. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...