Sunday, May 6, 2012

Oh To Be Like Thee

  1. O to be like Thee! blessed Redeemer;
    This is my constant longing and prayer;
    Gladly I'll forfeit all of earth's treasures,
    Jesus, Thy perfect likeness to wear.
    • O to be like Thee! O to be like Thee!
    • Blessed Redeemer, pure as Thou art;
    • Come in Thy sweetness, come in Thy fullness;
    • Stamp Thine own image deep on my heart.
  2. O to be like Thee! full of compassion,
    Loving, forgiving, tender and kind,
    Helping the helpless, cheering the fainting,
    Seeking the wand'ring sinners to find.
  3. O to be like Thee! lowly in spirit,
    Holy and harmless, patient and brave;
    Meekly enduring cruel reproaches,
    Willing to suffer, others to save.
  4. O to be like Thee! Lord, I am coming,
    Now to receive th'anointing divine;
    All that I am and have I am bringing;
    Lord, from this moment all shall be Thine.
  5. O to be like Thee! While I am pleading
    Pour out Thy Spirit, fill with Thy love.
    Make me a temple meet for Thy dwelling,
    Fit for a life which Thou wouldst approve.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...