- O to be like Thee! blessed Redeemer;
This is my constant longing and prayer;
Gladly I'll forfeit all of earth's treasures,
Jesus, Thy perfect likeness to wear.
- O to be like Thee! O to be like Thee!
- Blessed Redeemer, pure as Thou art;
- Come in Thy sweetness, come in Thy fullness;
- Stamp Thine own image deep on my heart.
Loving, forgiving, tender and kind,
Helping the helpless, cheering the fainting,
Seeking the wand'ring sinners to find.
Holy and harmless, patient and brave;
Meekly enduring cruel reproaches,
Willing to suffer, others to save.
Now to receive th'anointing divine;
All that I am and have I am bringing;
Lord, from this moment all shall be Thine.
Pour out Thy Spirit, fill with Thy love.
Make me a temple meet for Thy dwelling,
Fit for a life which Thou wouldst approve.