Monday, May 14, 2012

Building Character

Do you want to know how to have a great marriage?  How to do a great job raising your kids?  How to run your household well?  How to effectively reach others with the gospel? 

The answer to all of these is the same:  Have the right character. 

I have come to realize more and more that so many of life's problems would not be problems if I only had the proper character... the character of Jesus.  I can't change other people.  I can't force people to do what is right, no, not even my children.  I can only control one person and that is me.  So while I started out planning a study with my Littles on building character traits, I am the one who will benefit the most.  I'm sure of that.  Because after a challenging morning with a sad and distressing phone call, I sat down with my Littles for our Bible time and I brought out the character quality of the week:
Joyfulness - "Pouring out a happy spirit when my soul is in fellowship with the Lord"
God works in amazing ways.

So if you would like to follow along with our character studies, we'd love to have you join us.  I plan to post on our character quality of the week every Tuesday.  I am adapting character qualities from this list.  I'm simplifying some of the language for my Littles and I also added the Fruits of the Spirit.  Some were included already, but not all, and since Big Littles has had them memorized since he was two, I wanted to start with them.  Adding the rest of the Fruits of the Spirit brings the total up to 52, which just seems almost too perfect making it a complete year of studies. 

Come build with us!  :)



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...